Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

I'm a Southerner, born and bred (though you'd never know it from my accent, I'm told). I like to eat 'til I'm tired out from eating, hear good storytelling 'til I can recite the stories in my sleep (Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here.), watch people, look at sparkly things, listen to good bluegrass music, dream about owning a dog, tell crazy stories about my family, and organize things.

11 August 2005

My weave

Karen Holland, a colleague and friend, came up for a visit several weekends ago. She and Tommy and I went to Hale Farm, a turn-of-the century working farm that's just down the road from us. She took some wonderful photos of the place. Thought I'd share. Cows at the farm, in the picture above.

Tommy's fetchin' water.

Karen and I are were making a rag rug in the picture below.


The blacksmith gave me a rose (I had to give it back to him, though). He scented it with rose oil. Truly remarkable craftsmanship.



Me and Taboo running around the farm/village. I think we were walking towards the attorney's office. Or many just a townsperson's home.

Amazing flowers. Amazing weather. Beautiful day all around.


Troy has a wood-burning stove in his cozy kitchen that reminds me of this one (or vice versa). So homey! Love!


This is the local carriage house. It was boarded up, but I still had to peek.



The women at the farm still raise and shear sheep, boil, comb, card, dye, spin, and weave wool. Very cool.


A typical house (cabin) for the area and era. This is the place where Tommy was fetchin' the water a few pictures ago. There was a stream out back.

Hope you enjoyed our day at Hale Farm as much as I did!

I'll be out of the country for the next couple of weeks.

I'm sure I'll have LOADS of tales upon my return from Zambia and South Africa!

1 Comments:

Blogger sirrom said...

Great pics Juleps. Holy cow! Tommy looked like Paul Bunyan in the "carrying water" pic. Be safe in Africa.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home