Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

I'm a Southerner, born and bred (though you'd never know it from my accent, I'm told). I like to eat 'til I'm tired out from eating, hear good storytelling 'til I can recite the stories in my sleep (Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here.), watch people, look at sparkly things, listen to good bluegrass music, dream about owning a dog, tell crazy stories about my family, and organize things.

10 August 2005

Me: 61-70

61. Jennie's last blog entry prompted me to think of this one....I L-O-V-E stinky cheese...bleu, stilton, gorgonzola, camembert, feta.... O, deliciousness!! Where do I begin to list the ways of your wonder?!

62. Support your local farmers and producers!!! Okay, that's more of a direct request, not so much a bit about myself, but I do believe in supporting the local economy and what's left of our small-scale, struggling farmers in the USA.

63. Get worms! Another command for you. I have a vermicomposting unit---it's the most fascinating thing...I just give them my food scraps (no meats, they're vegetarians), and the little red wrigglers gobble it up and make rich soil for me. "Black gold" they call it in the worming world. Easiest pets you can ever imagine. Well, maybe a pet rock is a bit more low maintenance, but these are at least living, if not warm-blooded.

64. Charlie and Zach. My nephews. They crack me up. I think they're so swell. I hate that I'm so far away from them while they're growing up so quickly.

65. Asheville is a town that I see as my home in the near future (as in a couple of years). I LOVE it there.

66. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in Cleveland for a while. But I love visitors!!

67. Taking vacation is one of my favorite things to do. I prefer to check out about 20 books from the library and then just stick my nose in a book uninterrupted for one blissful week.

68. A lifelong dream of mine has been to take a week of vacation with the intention of parking myself in the children's section of a library, and reading every title from cover to cover from A-Z.

69. Another dream of mine is to write and illustrate a children's book. I wrote a story in college that I thought was pretty funny about a monster that lived at the bottom of a bathtub drain. The monster's name was Galumph. It didn't go very far, b/c....

70. I am the queen of unfinished projects. Too much closure in my life (while extrememly satisfying) would disrupt something in my core being, I think.

3 Comments:

Blogger Troy said...

John SO wants to use worms to compost, but when he mentioned the idea to me some time ago all I could say was "no worms in the house." It was not one of my more flexible moments. Should I reconsider?

And we need to come see you before you leave Cleveland, and after you leave Cleveland for that matter.

3:59 PM  
Blogger juliebelle said...

please, please come visit!! let's make it happen!

be open to the worms. they are SOOO easy and low maintenance. i could show you the worms if you came over. it's a totally contained system...out of sight (in the basement), no mess. i just give them kitchen scraps when i've accumulated enough.

also there are so many wonderful fun things to do here, especially in the fall...apple festivals (where you make apples in giant copper kettles), local wineries, amazing state parts and museums (my favorite is hale farm...a 19th century working farm), cool 'tiquin' (antique) strip, just hanging out ...i don't know what all.

taboo and i are talking about having a big BBQ/B-day party for me sometime in september. either the weekend of the 17th or the weekend of the 1st.

i had hoped to send out invitations before leaving for africa (my flight's at 5:00 tomorrow morning), but i don't think that will happen. i know it's short notice, but i'd be so honored if you both could come.

let me know if your coming over is a possibility...on these dates, or suggest another! you could be the guests of honor!

10:22 AM  
Blogger juliebelle said...

jennie--
i wrote the story of galumph in a creative writing course taught by dr. curlin.
i think the story was a little dark, but that's what i most liked about it.
i'll drag it out for you sometime.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home