Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

I'm a Southerner, born and bred (though you'd never know it from my accent, I'm told). I like to eat 'til I'm tired out from eating, hear good storytelling 'til I can recite the stories in my sleep (Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here.), watch people, look at sparkly things, listen to good bluegrass music, dream about owning a dog, tell crazy stories about my family, and organize things.

08 August 2005

Me: 51-60

51. Peeling the dryer lint off of the screen is my absolute favorite part of doing laundry.

52. I discovered that I am highly allergic to shellfish this past vacation in North Carolina. I always thought that I was sort of allergic to it, so I generally avoided it...not so hard to do when you're in a landlocked area. I guess I ate one too many buckets of crab legs and oysters on the half shell this time! Red, blotchy, irritated, peeling, scaly skin all over my face for a week! Awful.

53. Skin peeling from a sunburn disgusts and fascinates me.

54. I know I already listed one favorite book of all time, but that's never enough! Also competing for first place are A Prayer for Owen Meany and A Dog's Life. Okay, I don't know about that last one, but it's a really good quick read for anyone that has ever owned and loved a pet. The author's name is Jon Katz. Imagine a book about dogs written by a kat! (the phonetic spelling really hurts)

55. I've been to 31 U.S. states. I really want to go to Utah. And Montana.

56. Vanilla would almost always be my pick over chocolate.

57. I have a hard time expressing any level of deep emotions to others. I'm a bit too guarded for that. Guess I come by it honestly.

58. I practiced the piano for 13 years. I won't say that I was ever very accomplished. But you better believe my butt was sitting in front of that piano every day plunking out music.

59. I'm just getting over my lifetime fear of mayonnaise.

60. I was so relieved to discover my decorating 'style' a couple of years ago. It's country. For some reason, I got a lot of clarity about myself when I realized why I am motivated to surround myself with things the way that I do. I think most people are a bit surprised by my style. They always think I am more eclectic or modern.

3 Comments:

Blogger sirrom said...

Juleps, I am married to the driving force behind Nos. 57 and 58. No. 59 - I got off to a rocky start w/Nanny when I strongly suggested she refrigerate her mayo. Couldn't help it - I had just been lectured on the kinds of things that grow in unrefrigerated mayo, potato salad, etc. What kind of nut lectures his newly-acquired Mother-in-law on things that go on in the kitchen?

9:38 PM  
Blogger Katie A said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Katie A said...

I'm with you on the Mayo thing, too. Today at a meeting someone suggested having tuna, chicken, and egg salad sandwiches throughout the week for school lunches, and it took all I had not to get up and run out of the room. I think I'll stick with the soup and salad!

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home