Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

I'm a Southerner, born and bred (though you'd never know it from my accent, I'm told). I like to eat 'til I'm tired out from eating, hear good storytelling 'til I can recite the stories in my sleep (Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here.), watch people, look at sparkly things, listen to good bluegrass music, dream about owning a dog, tell crazy stories about my family, and organize things.

08 August 2005

BHS Reunion

Well, it's coming.

10 years.

And I'm ready for it to be over and done with, truthfully.

It's so hard to track down people!! Even with the world wide web.

I had 7 return-to-sender letters waiting for me in my mailbox when I got back from vacation this past weekend.

And several e-mails from folks that are pissed about the price ($35 bucks per individual, $60 for a pair)....for the entire weekend's events.

Planning a reunion is nuts.

And the invitations weren't exactly what I sent off to the printer. The info was there, more or less intact, but the formatting I sent over? Forget about it.

And...

And...

And......I could go on about this for a LOOONNNGGG time.

Sigh.

Can't wait to hop on a plane and forget about all of this stuff for a couple of weeks.

And I especially can't WAIT to delegate the 20th reunion to someone else.
Preferably someone in Arkansas.

5 Comments:

Blogger Katie A said...

Bless your heart! There should be stars in your crown.

I will miss seeing the the gang over there, but I was so glad I got to see and talk to some of the folks before leaving.

So where are you off to now?

12:00 PM  
Blogger juliebelle said...

off to south africa and zambia. leading a study tour for several of our major donors. we'll visit several of our projects and see some beautiful sights along the way. it's crazy enough to coordinate travel for one person overseas...but 14! caramba.

i am so sorry that you can't be there either. i would have loved to have hugged your neck once more before it was all said and done.

warmest wishes from cleveland.

1:21 PM  
Blogger juliebelle said...

didn't you give them to someone to dub onto DVD?

11:35 AM  
Blogger Aunt Eliz said...

Cheers to you and all the work you're doing to put things together next month. I was very please to get the official invite in the mail. I thought it looked good. Very official. How do we buy tickets? I couldn't tell, but perhaps I didn't read the invitation closely. If the info is in the invite, just ignore the question and consider this comment just a thanks for all your hard work!

5:20 PM  
Blogger juliebelle said...

send a check in the reply envelope that came with the invites....the invites weren't printed exactly like they were formatted. but i can't stress myself out about it all. at this point it's water under the bridge. i just want folks to start sending in the money so we can pay for everything!! glad you'll be coming. can't wait to see you!

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home