Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

I'm a Southerner, born and bred (though you'd never know it from my accent, I'm told). I like to eat 'til I'm tired out from eating, hear good storytelling 'til I can recite the stories in my sleep (Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here.), watch people, look at sparkly things, listen to good bluegrass music, dream about owning a dog, tell crazy stories about my family, and organize things.

27 July 2005

Me: 31-40

31. John Bailey and I (and others) used to climb on top of billboards along I-30 and dance for the truckers that drove by. It seemed silly and fun at the time. Now it just seems dumb and scary (what with my fear of heights and all).

32. I want to learn how to play the banjo.

33. Like my father, I, too, love quotes. I write them down whenever I see them or hear them...on scraps of paper, on the back of my hand, whatever is handy.

34. Jennie and I used to listen to records growing up. My favorite was the read-along version of the Hobbit.

35. Jennie, Robert, and I used to load up in either our van or the Sproles's van and go to the public library for books. The library had the most wonderful bright red foam chairs there that you could curl up in and disappear for hours. I love the library.

36. I'm not very good at sports. Really. My only successful basketball goal was for the wrong team. Terrible.

37. No one can ever figure out my nationality. I get British most commonly, followed by Eastern European, and sometimes with a dash of Asian blood. Nobody ever guesses Scotch- Irish-American.

38. I have a very dry sense of humour.

39. I love all things Muppets. Sesame Street included. I think Jim Henson and his team has done some of the most important work for kids in several decades.

40. Ashley Pillow told me once some advice that her father had given her: The things that annoy you in other people are just amplified versions of the traits in yourself that you aren't satisfied with. It's interesting to think about. And I think it's true.

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie A said...

Hey Jules,
I agree with Pillow's dad's advice. Thinking about it allows me to be a bit more patient with those who drive me up the wall. I also agree that the "fun" and crazy things I did in college were much more dangerous than I thought at the time. (Hmm...Just more evidence of God's protection.)

1:29 PM  
Blogger rebstar said...

i don't think i EVER knew about the billboard dancing.

unbelievable.
(was bonnie jill ever in on that, because i could totally picture you girls up there.)

9:24 AM  
Blogger juliebelle said...

nope. it was before bonnie's time. i think jennie may have been there, though?

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home