Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

I'm a Southerner, born and bred (though you'd never know it from my accent, I'm told). I like to eat 'til I'm tired out from eating, hear good storytelling 'til I can recite the stories in my sleep (Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here.), watch people, look at sparkly things, listen to good bluegrass music, dream about owning a dog, tell crazy stories about my family, and organize things.

02 August 2005

Me: 41-50

41. I don't have a dog yet. But I want one. I have his name already picked out. He/She will be named Bob Barker. I think it's the cleverest name for the cleverest dog on earth.

42. My favorite book of all time is very likely The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein.

43. I love parties of any shape and form. My most favorite are the parties that Jennie and Lori dream up.....most recently Abe's latest birthday party and a Bridesmaids' Bash. I wasn't able to attend either, but most certainly plan to be at Abe's party next year.

44. I love to dance. No particular style of music or dancing appeals to me more or less than others. When I was in Ghana about 4 years ago, I was named the Queen of Dancing by my colleagues there. Quite a feat, I think....given that these folks dance every day.

45. For several years, the song "A Whole New World" from Disney's Aladdin was stuck in my head. I don't know why. Wendy can vouch for it.

46. I grew up with a remarkable set of friends. Real go-getters. Rocket scientists, physicians, writers, teachers...you name it, I grew up with someone that does it. I think it's unusual--having so many accomplished peers.

47. Tommy / Taboo / T : Anytime you find a big old boy that's willing to call your mother to find out how to cook beans and greens for you b/c you are homesick...you should pay attention to him. Tommy treats me like a princess. Which I love.

48. I went snorkeling for the first time this spring. I couldn't do it for the longest time b/c I'd laugh uncontrollably when the puffer fishies would come my way. They are such ridiculous creatures.

49. For some reason, I get really emotional when I watch the recent Haagen-Dazs commercials. I don't know what it is about them. Beautiful pictures of vanilla beans and pure white ice cream......basket case.

50. Recently I was described as having an impish gleam in my eyes. Which I loved.

4 Comments:

Blogger wiebke said...

You had "A Whole New World"...I had "Consider Yourself"...
wow.
I still sing it sometimes.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Aunt Eliz said...

I'm pretty sure we played "A Whole New World" at one of the BHS graduations. Has it been stuck in your head for a decade? Man that sucks.

1:06 PM  
Blogger sirrom said...

Haven't seen the Haagen-Dazs sp? commercial. Is it Hallmarkoid? "I became a teacher". Wish I could catch it. Enjoy your trip to Africa.

1:49 PM  
Blogger juliebelle said...

i don't know if "a whole new world" was played at a graduation....maybe for a senior video or something?

i don't know?

i haven't had TV in a while now, but i'm pretty sure that the haagen dazs commercial played continuously for the past year or so.

planning to pack for the trip tomorrow.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home