Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

I'm a Southerner, born and bred (though you'd never know it from my accent, I'm told). I like to eat 'til I'm tired out from eating, hear good storytelling 'til I can recite the stories in my sleep (Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here.), watch people, look at sparkly things, listen to good bluegrass music, dream about owning a dog, tell crazy stories about my family, and organize things.

16 October 2006

The Right Reverend

Tommy and I went to San Francisco over my birthday weekend. His good friends, Shannon and Dave, asked him to officiate their wedding ceremony. We arrived on a Thursday morning (my birthday) and went almost immediately to City Hall with Shannon and Dave to get Tommy's marrying rights. Then, we split for Sonoma County for the remainder of the day. On Friday, we did some sightseeing and ended the day back in San Francisco for a wedding rehearsal + picnic. On Saturday, we visited Alcatraz and explored the city, followed by dinner with Tommy's good friend Triv at his place in Oakland. Sunday was the big day.

I've attached two pictures. The first is my favorite, Millie the Flower Girl. And yes, she's wearing jewelry. There were actually seven flower girls, including Millie. Apparently Shannon and Dave couldn't decide which niece was best suited for the role of flower girl, so they just made them all flower girls.

The second is Tommy the Reverend, Shannon and Dave, and a photographer, capturing the moment.




I was taking the pictures from my aisle seat, about 5 rows from the front. Can you tell?

The wedding was so much fun, laid-back, and CHILLY.

I love San Francisco. If I wasn't so terrified of earthquakes, I'd move out there in a heartbeat.

3 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Oh, I wanna see pictures of the Rock, because you know I won't be going to San Francisco anytime soon, because I am scared of the earthquakes....and of course the fact that I've got to ride some sort of ferry/boat to get to Alcatraz....irrational yes, but still.

2:58 PM  
Blogger sirrom said...

The photographers have to work for every picture. You would need to be very flexible or some sort of martial arts devotee. As to earthquakes, Mom and I survived one when we lived in Santa Rosa. It was the largest one since the 1906 quake that destroyed San Francisco. Chuck was a "wee lad". Mom brought him to bed with us. Strong maternal instincts.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Troy said...

Did I miss a post or something? How in the name of all that is holy is Tommy licensed to officiate at weddings? Just kidding. I bet he did a great job.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home