Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

I'm a Southerner, born and bred (though you'd never know it from my accent, I'm told). I like to eat 'til I'm tired out from eating, hear good storytelling 'til I can recite the stories in my sleep (Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here.), watch people, look at sparkly things, listen to good bluegrass music, dream about owning a dog, tell crazy stories about my family, and organize things.

26 May 2006

What's playing on your stereo?

Me, I can't stop listening to Nina Simone.
I just keep her songs on continual loop.
All day long.
That lady can simply sing her brains out.

Of course, I'm very interested to hear who's accompanying your lives?

3 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

You've got Nina and I got Etta James. I was feeling all bluesy and mellow....I need to invest in Nina..i've heard wonderful things about her.

12:13 AM  
Blogger sirrom said...

Just realized I'm way out of the loop. Don't recognize any of the artists mentioned by Julie, Crystal or Citizen D. Guess it happens to every generation. Come to think of it I don't listen to any music to speak of. I did hear a new song while visiting my Dad this past weekend. It's called Barney Google, with the "goo goo goo-gly eyes. Has a wife three times his size. She sued him for divorce and now he lives with his horse." Pop started belting it out big time. Usually it's Amazing Grace, but he was in his secular mode that day. Check it out on the web. Barney Google.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Katie A said...

I'm listening to Farsi praise songs here of late. There's one that makes me cry each time I hear it. I don't know all the translations, but I'm learning.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home