Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

I'm a Southerner, born and bred (though you'd never know it from my accent, I'm told). I like to eat 'til I'm tired out from eating, hear good storytelling 'til I can recite the stories in my sleep (Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here.), watch people, look at sparkly things, listen to good bluegrass music, dream about owning a dog, tell crazy stories about my family, and organize things.

17 March 2006

Happy Birthday, Sirrom

Happy Birthday to my Dad.

He means more to all of us than you might ever know.
I can't begin to imagine how many lives he's touched through his wonderful example of how to live life.

I love you, Dad...

...for your three-legged dog jokes
...for your amazing ability to relate to all people
...for your humility
...for your smarts
...for your practicality
...for your pride in your family
...for your example.

I wish our favorite blessing to you on your special day:

May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind blow at your back,
May the sun shine warmly on your face,
May the rain fall softly on your fields,
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hands.

3 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

I love that poem (?) or inspirational wording!

I miss you Julie!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Katie A said...

I'll say happy birthday again! And MANY more!!!

2:33 AM  
Blogger sirrom said...

Julie, What can I say. Real men don't cry, eat quiche, etc. but there's something running down my cheek (right now) and it ain't mayo. Thank you for the kind words and the Irish Blessing. The props remind me of a church sign I saw recently --- "Dear Lord, please make me the man my dog thinks I am." Hey to Bob the Barker.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home