Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

I'm a Southerner, born and bred (though you'd never know it from my accent, I'm told). I like to eat 'til I'm tired out from eating, hear good storytelling 'til I can recite the stories in my sleep (Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here.), watch people, look at sparkly things, listen to good bluegrass music, dream about owning a dog, tell crazy stories about my family, and organize things.

20 March 2006

Spellbound

So I was walking with some friends to brunch yesterday when I passed a brilliant yellow poster advertising the 15th Annual Adult Spelling Bee of Cleveland Heights.

I can't express my joy over the discovery. And my delight at the very cool poster.

7:00 tomorrow night.

I'll be there.

9 Comments:

Blogger sirrom said...

Oh, Julie. I wish I could be there!! Will you/ewe be a participant?? You go, girl. Dad

8:02 PM  
Blogger rebstar said...

WOW!!

surely you'll be in the contest?
i wish i could be there, too!!
i've never heard of an adult spelling bee.

did you ever see that movie about spelling bees? (i believe it may be called "spellbound.")

11:40 AM  
Blogger juliebelle said...

i wish i could be in the contest.
but i think this is a good year for me just to scope things out first.

yep, spellbound. great little documentary. this post's title is a nod to said film. :)

1:24 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

How sweet! I agree with rebstar, never heard of an adult spelling bee, but how exciting that you are going to scope out the competition first? I hope it's as exciting as you want it to be!

1:57 PM  
Blogger ashley said...

I can't think of anything more frightening than an adult spelling bee! And you can probably tell by my blog comments and posts. :)
But I'm glad that you enjoy that kinda of thing ... let us know how it goes!

3:40 AM  
Blogger Katie A said...

Did you see or hear the music from the musical __th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee? I think that was the name of it. It was nominated for lots of Tony's last year, and I LOVED the performances they did. The characters were great.

9:10 AM  
Blogger BaalShemTov said...

hey julie, I miss you sometimes, hell all the time.
jason
bird

9:32 PM  
Blogger Katie A said...

Okay Jules,
Here's the website for the musical that I referred to earlier. There are pics and musical clips, too.
www.spellingbeethemusical.com
Hope you enjoy!

4:18 AM  
Blogger ABU said...

how can i came and join and spell

4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home