Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

I'm a Southerner, born and bred (though you'd never know it from my accent, I'm told). I like to eat 'til I'm tired out from eating, hear good storytelling 'til I can recite the stories in my sleep (Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here.), watch people, look at sparkly things, listen to good bluegrass music, dream about owning a dog, tell crazy stories about my family, and organize things.

06 April 2006

A Really Expensive Sock

We had to take Bob to the ER last night....for surgery...to remove a bowel obstruction...which turned out to be a sock.

A very expensive sock, indeed.

I went to the clinic to pick him up this morning. As I was filling out some papework, he leaned on me, drooling and staring into space. I don't think the anesthesia had worn off yet. Bob's in ICU right now recovering.

The medical record described the obstruction as a "sweat sock."

I haven't heard that term used in years.

Poor baby.

3 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Oh lawd! That is too funny. I mean, how tasty is a sock. Must have had that downy smell to it and he just couldn't resist.

1:32 PM  
Blogger sirrom said...

Poor Bob the Barker. Don't know about dogs, but humans who have abdominal operations have occasional bowel obstructions from the scar tissue that forms. Hope that isn't the case with SSB (Sweat Sock Bob).

6:54 PM  
Blogger Katie A said...

Hope Bob is back to normal soon, and that he has an eternal disdain for all clothing and shoes after this little experience. Poor thing...

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home