Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

I'm a Southerner, born and bred (though you'd never know it from my accent, I'm told). I like to eat 'til I'm tired out from eating, hear good storytelling 'til I can recite the stories in my sleep (Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here.), watch people, look at sparkly things, listen to good bluegrass music, dream about owning a dog, tell crazy stories about my family, and organize things.

31 October 2006

Happy Howl-oween!

Here are the pumpkins that Tommy and I carved. Mine's the one on the right. I wasn't feeling very inspired, so I just embraced it.

Here's a picture from Saturday night. It's the funniest Halloween costume I have ever seen. The person, who shall remain nameless, went by the name Randy Spits throughout the evening.
When asked what he was, I think he described himself as a past-his-prime Olympic swimming champion, I laughed until I cried. Multiple times. Note the USA shaved into the chest---now that's a true American hero.

Bob was a pink poodle for Halloween. He won the most original costume contest at his day care on Sunday afternoon. I didn't have time to make frilly boots for him, or a tail puff, but i'm hoping to get around to it next year. I was just happy to have figured out the body of the suit--which remained on for a surprising length of time. He wasn't too nuts about the little poodle puff on his head, though.


I was an ostrich. I didn't have the sense to take a picture of myself throughout the entire evening.

6 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

i disappointed too! but i love bob barker's costume..and is it true that bob barker will no longer grace the price is right?

12:42 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

supposed to be i AM

12:42 PM  
Blogger wiebke said...

It is amazing what our little pooches will let us do to them, huh? He looks so cute and I am so impressed that you made the outfit. Simon and Wesley said they would really like to meet Bob soon. Okay, really it was just Simon. Wesley would prefer just to see you instead.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

That guy's costume is just icky. Bob is muuuuuch cuter.

5:19 PM  
Blogger ashley said...

Yes, I'll have to agree. I do like Bob's constume much better!

Poor Shaden has been exposed to many speedos in her day from all the Europeans in these parts and even more recently in Asia. There were some Korean men walking around by the pool in Manila, and Shaden was grossed out that they were get in the pool with "just underwear on." She said they needed to buy a bathing suit. It was pretty amusing at the time ... :)

4:26 PM  
Blogger Troy said...

I love Bob's costume, especially since you made it Julie, but my hat is all the way OFF! to the guy who commited to the Rick Spits costume. This is what Halloween is all about!

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home