Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

I'm a Southerner, born and bred (though you'd never know it from my accent, I'm told). I like to eat 'til I'm tired out from eating, hear good storytelling 'til I can recite the stories in my sleep (Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here.), watch people, look at sparkly things, listen to good bluegrass music, dream about owning a dog, tell crazy stories about my family, and organize things.

22 October 2006

Bob's Big Day

Bob Barker was born a year ago today.

We celebrated with peanut butter, dog biscuits, and cheese.

Additionally, we played with three new friends, the Really Mad Cow, Harry Tarantula, and Sylvester Snake.

He was a little anti-social at his party. After snarfing up his cheese plate, he scratched off his birthday hat, grabbed his birthday bone, and ate it secretively in the corner.

When asked how his birthday ranked on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being crummy and 10 being out-of-this-world), Bob deliberated for a minute, then gave his bash a 7, due to the absence of live birds and squirrels and dead rotting things to roll around in. He could tell that his Mommy and Daddy really wanted to make his day special. When asked what he wanted to be when he grew up, Bob said that he really wants to be an ornithologist, but he can't stop eating his subjects.

6 Comments:

Blogger sirrom said...

Got to love 'Bob the Barker". Hope I get to pet him someday.

8:52 PM  
Blogger rebstar said...

oh my GOSH, one of the cutest pictures i've ever seen.

happy birthday, bob barker! :)

11:16 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

i love how he looks snooty with his nose in the air.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Troy said...

Claire said to tell Bob Happy Birthday. She thinks he's cute. So do we. Love that hat. Reminds me of that illustration in "Go Dogs Go" where they are having the birthday party in the big tree.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hey, stop making all us other dog owners look bad! I don't even know when Murphy's birthday IS. Ah well.

HB, BB.

10:55 PM  
Blogger ashley said...

Bob is a beautiful dog! And a belated Happy Brithday to him!

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home