Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

I'm a Southerner, born and bred (though you'd never know it from my accent, I'm told). I like to eat 'til I'm tired out from eating, hear good storytelling 'til I can recite the stories in my sleep (Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here.), watch people, look at sparkly things, listen to good bluegrass music, dream about owning a dog, tell crazy stories about my family, and organize things.

31 May 2005

Addictions

I've got an addiction.

To Spider Solitaire.

Morning, noon, and night I'm clicking those cards.

I do the easiest level possible (one suit) and cheat (show available moves) my way through the rounds, so it's not as if there is much of a challenge there.

It's soothing to me somehow. Best of all, I don't have to lay out the board.

Sometimes I play until I win, and then challenge myself to win a set or three games in a row.

I've got really interesting stories to share from the holiday weekend, but alls I can think about is playing one more game before I sign off for the night.

Sick.

5 Comments:

Blogger sirrom said...

As you may remember I scoffed at the Tetris players of the world until I got hooked. Mom would find me in the basement (sound turned down so as not to interrupt her sleep) and play the most difficult level until I won. Idiotic, given the fact I had to be at work the following day with a clear mind, etc. Must be in the genes. cmmjr

7:23 AM  
Blogger rebstar said...

i become this way, too. that's why i haven't "allowed" myself to play computer/game system games in so long. the game--whether it be solitaire or tetris or zelda--conSUMES my mind. even upon closing my eyes at night, i would still see it all in my head.

too obsessive compulsive=small game ration

1:23 PM  
Blogger Katie A said...

Hey girl,
Don't know if you ever got these or not.
Brandi: brandi_land@yahoo.com
Melanie: matreat@yahoo.com
Ashley: jalane@pmbx.net
Allison: allison_trumble@yahoo.com

This is all I've got. I don't know if they are still active, though.

8:55 AM  
Blogger juliebelle said...

great to hear your voice again, jan my brother.

6:05 PM  
Blogger myleswerntz said...

whoa. is the other mcclain? and i've always heard ohio was a cool state. i've got some good friends moving to dayton, and a favorite band in Cincinnati, and now a mcclain in cleveland.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home