Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

I'm a Southerner, born and bred (though you'd never know it from my accent, I'm told). I like to eat 'til I'm tired out from eating, hear good storytelling 'til I can recite the stories in my sleep (Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here.), watch people, look at sparkly things, listen to good bluegrass music, dream about owning a dog, tell crazy stories about my family, and organize things.

04 December 2005

A Rat in the Pot

So this guy that I know, Ron, wakes up yesterday morning, stumbles into his bathroom to relieve himself and finds....a live rat in his toilet.

A rat.

A foot long.

Apparently it had climbed up through the sewer.

Well, he didn't quite know what to do, as he had never found a live rat in his toilet before....

...so he shut the lid to think on it,

and started calling around for solutions.

So I pose the querstion to you all:

What would you do if you found a live rat in your toilet?

6 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

First I'd think GOD it was a liquid relief moment and not a solid one. And then I'd scream because I am way too scared of those things and then I'd attempt to flush it back to where it came from. And I'd probably make plans to get a new toilet cuz I got germ issues when it comes to toilets. Um, but what did HE do?

11:03 AM  
Blogger Katie A said...

I'd have to say shut the lid (probably while screaming), put something heavy on it, and run to get the chokidar (our guard). thank goodness for 4 bathrooms in a house with 8 women!

12:06 PM  
Blogger juliebelle said...

it drowned.

it's as simple as that.

ron sort of fought him for a while until the thing just drowned...

not nearly as dramatic a death as i had hoped for.

nonetheless, funny.

5:48 PM  
Blogger sirrom said...

I'm always intrigued by how they swim in the sewers without coming up for air for extended periods of time. When I was growing up "down on the farm" we had outhouses and I always had an inordinate fear of something biting me on the buttocks (compliments to Forrest Gump). I did hear of a traveling salesman who needed to go pretty bad. He went around back and found an outhouse. He knocked on the door of a two holer to see if he could relieve himself. The hired hand was occupying hole #1 and invited the salesman to come in. Can't imagine what their conversation was like, but soon the hired hand got up to leave. As he was adjusting his overalls, some change fell into the pit. The salesman was startled, but even more amazed when the hired hand threw a 20 dollar bill into the pit. "Why did you do that?", asked the salesman. "You didn't think I'd go down in there for 35 cents did you?" was his reply. Stolen joke. Can't remember the source. cmmjr

9:07 PM  
Blogger juliebelle said...

jan and i decided that the rat in the pot is an interesting psychological study.

you wouldn't believe the range of answers i get when i raise the question.

10:30 AM  
Blogger sirrom said...

Julie: Maybe you could add "rat in the pot" (in Spanish, of course) to your Heifer signature. Building rats in the pot ...

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home