Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

I'm a Southerner, born and bred (though you'd never know it from my accent, I'm told). I like to eat 'til I'm tired out from eating, hear good storytelling 'til I can recite the stories in my sleep (Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here.), watch people, look at sparkly things, listen to good bluegrass music, dream about owning a dog, tell crazy stories about my family, and organize things.

31 January 2006

bob barker


tommy and i are getting a dog.

i've always been DYING for a dog, but never knew if i could swing it due to my travel schedule. enter tommy, stage left. he has a more predictable schedule than mine.

i fretted and fretted about whether or not to do it, but i made up my mind after the holidays that i wasn't getting any younger. so i should do it.

right now, i'm calling him bob barker. as a placeholder name.

he should be arriving very, very soon (like, today).

he's the very handsome one wearing the blue collar.

he's a viszla in case you were wondering. grows to about 50-60 pounds in his prime.

5 Comments:

Blogger Aunt Eliz said...

I'm with Jennie. I love the name. He's a very handsome dog. I can't wait to see more pictures.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

I'm with Jennie and Elizabeth, keep the name but I told you that earlier!

9:48 AM  
Blogger sirrom said...

I'd figure out how to say Bob Barker in Hungarian and use that as his name. Looks like he's docked?? Good luck. I recommend getting rid of any furniture of value.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Katie A said...

Yeah!!! I'm so glad that you have someone who can help you with the dog. I think he's very handsome as well. Have fun!!! I look forward to hearing many stories.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Troy said...

I could go with either Bob or Hungarian for Bob or maybe even the Hungarian word for "he is so CUTE!" I'm so happy for you two! We'll be expecting a family photo soon. There are not enough photos of you and Tommy on your blog.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home