Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

I'm a Southerner, born and bred (though you'd never know it from my accent, I'm told). I like to eat 'til I'm tired out from eating, hear good storytelling 'til I can recite the stories in my sleep (Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here.), watch people, look at sparkly things, listen to good bluegrass music, dream about owning a dog, tell crazy stories about my family, and organize things.

18 January 2006

Resolution

Nearing midnight on December 31st, 2005, I resolved to . . .

1) make a savory souffle in 2006, and

2) read all of the titles A to Z in the children's section of a library.

I've always wanted to do both of these things.

Why a savory souffle, you ask? Because I always choose savory over sweet. Because there was a British lady in the room, and it seemed funny to giggle about savories with her.

Finding a recipe was easy.

Finding a souffle pan was a bit more of a challenge.

The recipe called for 6 eggs, separated.
I botched the first egg separation, so I had to use powdered egg whites as a substitute (I hope this doesn't threaten the final product, though I have a sick feeling that it might.).

The rest was pretty straightforward.

Now, all that's left is a 45 minute wait.

For my Pesto and Ricotta Souffle.

Time shall tell if I'll be adding this one to my list of favorites.

But at least I have, for one of the first times that I can recall, accomplished my resolution.

Only 18 days in.

5 Comments:

Blogger ashley said...

Interested to know how it turned out ...

3:19 AM  
Blogger Katie A said...

I'm impressed with the turn-around time from resolution to follow through! I'd love to hear how it turned out, too.

1:02 PM  
Blogger sirrom said...

Hmm. A to Z? That would be like singing the entire hymnal.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

I leave for one day and you post twice!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Troy said...

Souffle'! Did you celebrate a specific event with it, or was it the event?

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home